Wednesday, November 7, 2012

thoughts and updates

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I did want to mention a couple of things. I have a pretty heavy heart this morning after yesterday. I am very disappointed that Mr. Obama has been reelected. I was so hoping for this country to wake up and see the good in Mr. Romney. I fear for this country. I worry about my children and the evil they will have to overcome. I will pray that Mr. Obama will make good choices for the better of the whole country and not for his socialist plans.


It has been fun to watch my boys learn about the election and how hard the teachers worked to help them understand the electoral system.

Also, {K} started in a new classroom this week. He was tested for the full-time GATE program recently at school. He is now in a 1/2 combo class. So far, I am really impressed with his teacher and hope for the very best for him!!
{A} has been in a 3/4 full-time GATE class since the beginning of this school year. He has struggled adapting to the rigors of a much more difficult program, but I have seen progress in his organization skills. Next, we are working on helping him to listen more intently to the lessons at school, and to use his time more wisely during class. I am still convinced he is where he needs to be though. He received high marks on his report card which tells me he is learning the material, we just need to work on time management. I am excited to see what he can learn this year.
{a} is LOVING preschool. She has a wonderful teacher who is helping her to be completely prepared for kindergarten. There are 8 kiddos in her class, which is a great size. She is the oldest in her class. I love that she loves it!!
{k} is ready to have his tonsils out. Unfortunately, he is not old enough yet to do so. In the mean time, he is miserable and snoring all night long. He wakes regularly and makes noise. It has been a rough couple of nights.

1 comment:

LoraAnn said...

Thought you might enjoy this and it is a great reminder to us. Hope this helps cheer you up a little.

“My message to you today, my brothers and sisters, is simply this: the Lord is in control. He knows the end from the beginning. He has given us adequate instruction that, if followed, will see us safely through any crisis. His purposes will be fulfilled, and someday we will understand the eternal reasons for all of these events. Therefore, today we must be careful to not overreact, nor should we be caught up in extreme preparations; but what we must do is keep the commandments of God and never lose hope!”

M. Russell Ballard, “The Joy of Hope Fulfilled,” Ensign, Nov. 1992