Thursday, October 2, 2008

morning musings...

Why do I feel so strongly to get my Christmas shopping done *soon* this year. I almost bought Austin's Santa gift last night, but decided that a bigger size would fit better. So, I waited. I guess that's a good thing, I just feel *really* compelled to try really hard to hurry and finish up. Maybe it's because last year I told myself I had to be ALL finished before Thanksgiving. and I basically was. But, I had a good reason last year. You know, the baby and all... :) But this year? I can't quite wrap my finger around the reason... so here I am debating whether to jump on craig's list or not to check out the bike page again, looking for an 18" boys bike in great condition that Santa can suprise {A} with this holiday.

DH is still not sure that waiting to get him a bike for Christmas is a good idea. I just can't justify giving him one earlier than that. I know it's the middle of winter and now is the time to ride, but why spend $80 or more on a new bike now when we have a perfectly good holiday coming up in less than 3 months... off I go for a fun day of extra kids, no school and cookies to bake. I am thinking I will try to bake bread today, too. Go me. :)

No comments: