Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

so I heard that Alb by me was hosting an Easter Egg Hunt. I thought it would be a small little affair in the parking lot, right? Not so much. They actually set it up right there in the aisles of the store. They blocked off 4-5 aisles, and had one for 0-2, 3-4, 5-6 and I think there was an aisle for bigger kids too. They had gobs of candy strewn all over the ground, and then they took paper towels and put them on the ground at the base of the aisles. Hiding behind the paper towel rolls were Easter eggs. In the eggs were treats and in some were notes telling them they could redeem a certain prize. I got there just before it began, and so I kinda pushed {A} in front of all the parents standing in front of the 5-6 aisle. Then I stood and waited with {K}. My friend was there with her 3 year old too, so she took {K} and her boy and got to the front of the 3-4 aisle. It was such a relief that I could then focus on {A} and help him. They said go and then the madness ensued!! All the kids stormed into their aisles and made a total mess! :) {A}, true to his nature was a bit reserved, so I tried to talk him through it. I tried to get him to go past the mass and get to the center of the aisle. I then took {a} and wanted to let her pick up a few pieces of candy. But, that aisle had all the parents plus the kids, cuz it was the 0-2 aisle. It just wasn't worth putting her down. I then found {K} and he only had a few pieces of candy in his basket and no eggs! I found {A} and convinced him to share an egg with {K}. {A} had gotten 2 prize eggs, so I asked him to share one. Then the chore of finding where to redeem the eggs. {A} got a boy Easter basket. It is really cool! The basket is sitting in a camo bucket hat, and has tons of army tons in the basket. {K} got bubbles-which just thrills him! {A} has played with his army guys all afternoon! Poor {a} had to resort to stealing treats from her brothers! :) She's getting good at that. Sorry boys, when you leave your basket on the floor or on the couch, expect her to rummage through your basket! :) I am glad we went. A perfect result for only 15 minutes of discomfort! :)

No comments: