Monday, April 13, 2009

a whole lotta nothin....

today is Monday. I am once again feeling a bit of spring in my heart. Not spring like boing, boing spring. Spring like renewal, rebirth, fresh, new... I love my family.

Yesterday, I enjoyed a wonderful holiday with my family. I was keenly aware that H&L and their kiddos weren't there, but I was also grateful that the rest of us are healthy, nearby, we enjoy each others company enough that we WANT to be together. I don't feel an obligatory "showing" from anyone. I am especially grateful for C for picking up the location assignment last minute. Again, grateful. I know that we all have our trials, but I also know that with Jesus Christ, His atonement and His resurection all things are possible.

I made mention at the dinner party that we need to do this more often. Well, we do! I don't see my brothers often enough, and I need to. I feel a deserate need to reconnect with them and their wives. I am SO excited for summer when H&L come to visit. I can't hardly stand it! I miss them desperately.

I look out the window and see a beautiful blue sky peeking out from behind fluffy white/grey clouds. I plan to gobble up every spring day that is offered me this year! I have a strong desire for lots of "sweater weather".
I am feeling something deep within me. A change, perhaps? I hope so. I long for closer friends, deeper relationships. I dream of friends that don't move away. Or that I don't move so the friendships I do have don't wrinkle a bit out of lack of convenience. I am not sure that any of this is poinant to anyone but me, but today I feel a soul bearing is in order. I am now going to leave this post at that, and head off to hug my beautiful 3 year old!

No comments: